The Instant Pot makes these baby back ribs so tender and delicious you won’t believe how quick and easy they are to make. You can use your favorite barbecue sauce, but the cinnamon and rosemary in our dry rub complement the flavors in this savory Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce perfectly.
Tip: For extra flavor, finish the ribs under a hot broiler for a mouth-watering, caramelized crust.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes + time to come to pressure
Dry Rub Ingredients:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper to taste
2½-3 lbs baby back ribs
1 cup beef stock (or water)
Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce (make 2-3 days in advance for increased flavor)
1. Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife if necessary. Cut ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
3. Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. Do NOT stack them flat on top of each other.
4. Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing”. Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
5. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
6. Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to your prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
7. Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.Share This!