This delicious chilled one pot soup is perfect for those warm summer evenings when you can’t imagine standing over a hot stove. Replace the traditional bacon and cheddar topping with colorful edible flowers for a lovely dinner party starter.
Tip: Don’t care for the distinctive tangy flavor of goat cheese? Try substituting ricotta or mascarpone, or simply add an extra dollop of cream cheese instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 9 minutes + time to come to pressure
3 large leeks, sliced white part only
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
3-4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
3 cup chicken broth, divided
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
4 oz goat cheese
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1. Add leeks, cauliflower, garlic, chicken broth, and cinnamon to Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
2. Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 9 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
3. When finished cooking, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid. Add goat cheese, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar to the container and stir until cheese is completely melted.
4. Blend mixture with immersion blender until smooth (or transfer to blender or food processor if you don’t have an immersion blender). Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
5. Transfer soup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until chilled. To serve, transfer to individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, green onions, grated cheddar cheese, or edible flowers.Share This!