These flavorful chicken thighs make a perfect one pot chicken dinner. Make more than you need and use the shredded leftovers in Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps – a quick and easy one dish chicken meal for midweek.
If you decide to add more peanut butter to the sauce, be sure to adjust the amount of liquid prior to cooking. If the sauce is too thick, the Instant Pot may not be able to reach adequate pressure.
To get a nice browning effect, transfer the chicken thighs to a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil after cooking. Brush each side generously with the peanut sauce and place under a broiler set to high for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2/3 cup chicken broth
¼ cup sugar-free peanut butter
¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon honey, preferably local
1½ tablespoon Sriracha sauce
2 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro, chopped
½ c. roasted peanuts, chopped
3-4 green onions, cut into thin slices
1. Add sesame oil to the Instant Pot and set the “Sauté” setting to high. Working in batches if necessary, brown the chicken thighs, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat this process with remaining thighs. Remove and set aside on a platter.
2. Pour chicken broth into hot container and gently scrape up brown bits from bottom. Add peanut butter to the hot liquid and stir until completed melted. Add soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
3. Add metal rack to the Instant Pot and place the browned chicken thighs on top.
4. Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
5. When finished, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid when finished and transfer the chicken to a platter.
6. To thicken sauce (optional), select the “Sauté” setting and heat, stirring continually, until the excess liquid is reduced and the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
7. Turn Instant Pot off and return the chicken thighs and the juices that accumulated on the platter to the sauce and turn to coat.
8. Remove chicken and transfer to a serving tray. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts and green onions. Serve immediately with extra peanut sauce and your favorite sides.