Can you think of anything more refreshing than a tall glass of lovely peach iced tea on a hot summer afternoon? Add fresh ginger, and nirvana is right at your fingertips.
A fruit iced tea is not just a great way to beat the heat this summer, but also a quick tea idea for an elegant garden party. Using your Instant Pot, you can have it ready to sip in under 30 minutes!
Tip: Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes + time to come to pressure
8 cup water
6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
4 fresh peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
Local honey to taste
1 fresh peach, cut into thin slices
6-8 fresh mint sprigs
1. Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
2. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
3. When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
4. Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
5. Sweeten with honey to taste and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint.Share This!