Here is a healthy breakfast idea that not only tastes great, but that you can dress up in seconds so that it looks super appetizing. Homemade breakfast bowls are all the rage, so how about an oatmeal bowl to start the day on the right foot?
And the best thing about it is that you can pretty much set and forget it while it cooks in the Instant Pot. This hot breakfast cereal is the perfect way to start a busy week day or go to breakfast when company is staying over.
Tip: In order to save time in the morning and reduce prep time, prepare a yogurt mixture the night before using blueberries and raspberries instead of the cut fruit suggested below.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes + time to come to pressure
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup steel cut oats
3¼ cup water
2 cup Greek or coconut yogurt
1½ tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon real maple syrup, plus additional for serving
1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
1. Spray the Instant Pot cooking container with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add steel cut oats and water and stir to combine. Cover with lid and lock into position, then flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
3. Press the “Manual” button and select the high heat setting. Set cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
4. While the oats cook, stir yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a small bowl to combine. Set aside.
5. When cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
6. Carefully remove lid and stir the contents. Transfer the cooked oats to individual serving bowls. Heap the oats a little higher on one side of the bowl and spoon the yogurt mixture onto the other half.
7. Arrange the strawberries and blueberries between the two halves for a nice presentation. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side.Share This!