Here’s a medley of Instant Pot chicken recipes we’ve put together which should keep you happy for a long time, if you happen to be crazy about chicken – and who isn’t?
It’s well known that chicken is the crowd pleaser par excellence, so you should find something to keep you happy no matter what you’re in the mood for – from sandwiches to pizza to curry and more. You’ll even find a few easy leftover chicken recipes in the mix to help bring a little variety.
So here’s hoping you enjoy our wholesome, no fuss one pot chicken recipes, because one thing’s for sure: boring they are not!
Quick Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
4 pieces chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Ranch seasoning or 2 tbsp homemade Ranch seasoning
½ cup or more buffalo sauce
Hamburger buns or flatbread
1. Place chicken breasts in pressure cooker and sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
2. Shred chicken with fork (a hand mixer works well for quick and easy shredding).
3. Pour buffalo sauce over chicken and mix well (add more for a spicier filling).
4. Serve hot on hamburger buns or on flat bread.
Optional: top with coleslaw.
Quick Leftover Chicken Pizza
¾ cup spaghetti sauce
4 pieces frozen leftover (cooked) chicken
1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Spread spaghetti sauce inside cooker pot and place chicken breasts on top. Set pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes.
2. While chicken is cooking, heat oven to 350F. Lay out pizza dough on pan.
3. Quick release, shred chicken.
4. Spread chicken evenly over dough. Sprinkle cheese over top of chicken; add other
5. Bake at 350% for 10-12 minutes or following instructions for dough or until crust is crisp and browned.
Garlic Herbed Chicken
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp basil
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
¾ cup water
1. Mix dry ingredients together and rub over chicken.
2. Place steamer rack inside pot and arrange chicken on top of rack.
3. Cover and cook on poultry setting or high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
Tip: Save broth at the bottom for other recipes or soup starters. Just be aware this broth might be more flavorful than canned chicken broth, so you might want to cut the salt if using it in other recipes.
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut in bite-sized chunks
1 large onion finely chopped
¼ cup curry powder
1 tsp ground or whole cumin
1 tbsp ground or finely chopped fresh ginger
1 can coconut cream (preferred – or coconut milk)
1 tsp salt
1 small can of tomato sauce (optional)
2 tbsp salt
1. Turn pot to sauté mode. Place cumin and ginger in dry pot. Stir fry for about 1 minute. Do not allow ingredients to brown.
2. Add oil and onion; sauté until translucent.
3. Add chicken, salt and curry powder and stir to mix all ingredients well, half cooking the chicken.
4. Add coconut milk and stir. If you wish, add tomato sauce to reduce spice.
5. Cover, lock pressure cooker and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Chicken In Creamy Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce
2 lbs boneless chicken breast or thighs
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, finely sliced
1 large pack fresh spinach
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 8oz pack cream cheese
1. Heat oil in sauté mode.
2. While waiting for pot to get hot, mix salt, pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle over chicken.
3. Brown chicken on both sides, working in batches; set browned chicken aside.
4. To hot pot, add onions and sauté until translucent.
5. Add spinach and stir until spinach is half-cooked. Cancel sauté mode.
6. Place chicken back into pot on top of spinach and onions.
7. Place tomatoes and cream cheese over chicken.
8. Cover, lock lid and set pot to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
9. Quick release. Remove chicken.
10. Set pot to sauté mode. Bring spinach, tomatoes, and cream cheese mixture to a boil stirring regularly and breaking up any chunks of cream cheese if any to make sauce.
11. Serve cream sauce over chicken.