Nothing can possibly be as warming as a big bowl of chicken soup if you’re feeling under the weather. It’s hard to find something as easy to make as comforting one pot soup.
Here are some Instant Pot soup recipes to get you started, but keep in mind that leftovers are without a doubt your best starting point, making them economical as well.
Serve with slices of warmed up French baguette or bruschetta for a fantastic starter – or perhaps for a light lunch or evening meal. Enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Soup
1lb boneless chicken breasts
½ tsp pepper
1tsp chili powder
1tsp onion powder
1 14.5oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or 2 cans of Ro-Tel)
1 14.5oz can of corn, drained
1 14.5oz can of black beans, rinsed
1. Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add oil to pot.
2. While waiting for oil to heat, sprinkle dry seasoning mixture over chicken breasts.
3. Once oil is heated, brown both sides of each piece of chicken. Set browned chicken aside.
4. Add tomatoes to pot, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom. Then add corn, beans and water. Stir and let simmer.
5. Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes. Return chicken to pot. Add more water if desired.
6. Cancel sauté mode. Cover pot with lid and set to high pressure for 8 minutes. Natural release.
7. Serve hot.
Leftover Vegetable Soup
This recipe is perfect for leftover roast, Philly Cheese Steak and Swiss steak.
Leftover roast, Philly cheese steak, Swiss steak or any beef leftovers
1 bag of baby carrots or 2 large carrots cut into chunks
¼ lb fresh cut green beans or 1 can green beans
1 medium onion, quartered
2 large potatoes, cut into large chunks
1 large stalk of celery, sliced
2 cups water
1. Place and all ingredients including leftovers in pot. Set to stew.
2. Natural release
Feel free to use any leftover vegetables you have, but make sure you maintain the proportions.
Creamy Chicken Leek Soup
1 lbs chicken breast
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 12oz pack bacon
3 stalks celery, finely diced
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 stalks leek, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 ½ cups chicken broth
1 tbsp oil
1. Mix pepper and salt together.
2. In sauté mode, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and grease, leaving about 1 tbsp of grease in pot.
3. Season chicken breast with pepper and salt.
4. Brown chicken in bacon grease on both sides. Remove and set aside to cool.
5. Add celery, onions and leek. While still in sauté mode, cook onions until translucent.
6. Add ½ cup broth and deglaze. Cover and set to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
8. Quick release after cooking process. Add chicken to pot with heavy cream and the rest of the broth, and stir.
9. Cover and set to cook again on high pressure for 5 minutes. Natural release after cooking process.
10. Serve with crumbled bacon