Quick and easy one pot meals are just the ticket for busy weekday dinners. After all, a dish that includes protein, vegetables and a starch will keep you going for a while.
But tasty one pot meals are also the perfect answer for stress free entertaining. Upgrade a few ingredients (such as replace green beans with artichokes in our one pot chicken dinner recipe below), add a little wine to the mix, and your guests will be singing your praise and looking forward to your next invitation.
All you’re left with is a one pot cleanup – certainly nothing to complain about there…
Here are some Instant Pot one pot recipes for you to enjoy!
4 large peppers (green, red and/or yellow), cut and de-seeded
1 lb. ground lean beef or turkey
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 medium onion (diced)
1 can french onion soup
2 x ¼ cup water
1 ½ cups uncooked rice
1 tbsp. coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
1. Set your pressure cooker to Sauté mode.
2. When cooker is hot, add oil to pot, then add diced onions. Sauté onions until brown and caramelized.
3. Add ground meat, salt and pepper. Brown meat, breaking it into small pieces.
4. Add a french onion soup, rice and water. Mix. There will already be some liquid from the meat, so be careful not to add too much water to the mixture so the rice won’t get too wet.
5. Cancel sauté mode. Cover cooker, making sure to lock the lid. Set steam release to seal.
6. Set cooker to high pressure for 8 minutes.
7. Quick release after cooking is done. Stir rice & meat mixture.
8. Stuff green peppers with mixture.
9. Remove extra mixture from cooker. Add about ¼ cup water to cooker.
10. Return stuffed peppers to cooker, set cooker to steam or 4 minutes on high pressure.
11. Quick or natural release after cooking time.
12. Serve hot.
One Pot Creamy Chicken & Rice
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 piece chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 cup uncooked rice (washed)
1 cup chicken broth (or 1 tsp chicken base + 1 cup water)
½ cup heavy cream
2 cups green beans
1. Set pressure cooker to sauté mode. Once hot, heat cooking oil. Add garlic, salt, pepper and cut chicken. Stir until chicken is about half cooked.
2. Add uncooked rice and chicken broth. Mix well. Cover and set pressure cooker to cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Allow longer if using brown rice.
3. Quick release. Add cream and stir.
4. Add green beans. Cover and cook on high pressure for another 2 minutes.
5. Quick release. Serve hot.
1 case sausage
½ lb. raw large shrimp
1 lb. chicken cut into bite sized chunks
1 medium onion finely diced
3 medium bell peppers, finely diced
1 tbsp. creole seasoning
½ tsp salt
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 ½ cups chicken broth
1 ½ cup rice
1 tbsp. oil
1. Set pot to sauté mode to heat oil.
2. Add chicken, creole seasoning and salt to heated oil; brown chicken, remove and set aside.
3. Place onions and bell peppers in pot and cook until translucent.
4. Return chicken to pot. Add rice, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, and mix well.
5. Cover and set pot to rice (high pressure at 12 minutes).
6. Quick release. Add sausage in a layer on top of rice; then place shrimp in a layer on top of sausage.
7. Set pot to cook on manual mode for 2 minutes.
8. Once cooking is done, natural or quick release. Fluff rice, mixing sausage and shrimp well with rice.
2 lbs pork shoulder
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp cumin
2 bay leaves
1 cup orange juice
1 small can green chiles
2 tbsp oil
1. Set pot to sauté mode. Heat oil.
2. Mix pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin, chipotle powder. Sprinkle liberally over pork.
3. Brown pork on all sides in hot oil.
4. Remove pork and set aside.
5. In hot pot, add garlic, onion, green chiles and broth. Deglaze pot.
6. Place pork back into pot. Cover, lock and set to cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Natural release.
7. Shred pork, squeeze lime over shredded pork.