Instant Pot One Pot pasta is a bit of a cop out in my humble opinion. I mean, who doesn’t just LOVE pasta to start with? But you know what, I’m not about to feel guilty about that. After all, who says you can’t take kudos for giving people exactly what they crave for in the first place?
Nothing answers comfort food cravings better than one pot pasta meals. Full-bodied flavors that have had time to develop, coupled with filling pasta – and so many combinations of sauces, herbs and spices that you never run out of options.
Here are some one pot pasta recipes that are guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face – pronto! Just be prepared for second servings.
Spaghetti And Meatballs
2 lbs ground beef or turkey
1 tsp chopped garlic or garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp oregano
½ lb dry, uncooked spaghetti
1 jar 67oz spaghetti sauce
1 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp chopped garlic
1. Mix ground meat, dry seasonings and egg well. Use a small ice cream scoop to make evenly sized meatballs.
2. Set pressure cooker to sauté mode. Once hot, add oil and garlic.
3. Add meatballs in one layer. Turn over meatballs to brown evenly. Remove meatballs when browned and set aside. Continue working in batches until all meatballs are browned.
Note: They don’t have to be fully cooked as they will be cooked further later on.
4. Add water to cooker, scraping bottom to release browned bits. Add about ½ cup of spaghetti sauce to the water. Mix well.
5. Add uncooked spaghetti to pot. Add water until spaghetti is covered. Cook on high pressure at 4-5 minutes.
6. Quick release, remove cooked spaghetti from cooker. Return meatballs to pot, add rest of spaghetti sauce. Cook on high pressure for another 8 minutes.
7. Natural release. Serve meatballs and sauce on spaghetti.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese if you wish.
Chicken Alfredo with Pasta
NOTE: This recipe calls for 1 stainless steel smaller inner pot (for cooking pasta).
1 lb boneless chicken breast halved
1 pack dry Italian seasoning
¾ cup water
1 ½ cup macaroni (or pasta of your choice)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ jar Alfredo sauce
1. Put ¾ cup water into pot with steamer rack. Set to sauté to bring the water to a boil.
2. While waiting for water to boil, sprinkle Italian seasoning over both sides of chicken breast.
3. Place chicken on rack. Stack chicken pieces on top of each other if you wish.
4. Cancel sauté mode.
5. In the inner pot, place macaroni. Add olive oil and just enough water to cover pasta and about ¼ inch over top. Stir.
6. Place inner pot on top of chicken. Set pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
7. Quick release.
8. Remove inner pot. Add Alfredo sauce to macaroni. Mix well.
9. Remove rack with chicken. Cut into bite-sized chunks. Sprinkle with parsley.
10. Optional: In a baking dish, add chicken to macaroni, mix well and pop into oven to brown top.
Italian Tomato Chicken & Penne
NOTE: This recipe calls for 1 stainless steel smaller inner pot.
2 lbs boneless chicken breast or thighs
1 sachet dry Italian dressing
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 ½ cup dry penne pasta
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. In smaller inner pot, add dry pasta, olive oil and enough water to cover pasta plus about ¼ inch over the top. Stir to mix well.
2. Sprinkle Italian dressing over chicken pieces.
3. Place chicken into pot.
4. Mix about 1 cup water with crushed tomatoes and pour over chicken.
5. Put inner pot on top of chicken; cover and lock lid.
6. Set pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
7. Remove inner pot with pasta and chicken from pot, leaving liquid in pot.
8. Set pot to sauté mode. Bring liquid to boil to make sauce.
9. Add pasta to sauce. Mix well. Serve with chicken.